Automotive wiring diagrams are a visual representation of how the electrical system of a vehicle is wired together. They are used by technicians to troubleshoot electrical problems and to make repairs.
Wiring diagrams are typically made up of a series of symbols that represent different electrical components. These symbols are standardized so that they can be understood by technicians from all over the world.
Some of the most common symbols used in automotive wiring diagrams include:
- Ignition coils
- Light bulbs
In addition to these basic symbols, there are also a number of specialized symbols that are used for specific applications. For example, there are symbols for different types of connectors, wires, and sensors.
Wiring diagrams can be found in a variety of places, including in the owner's manual for your vehicle and in online resources. If you are having trouble understanding a wiring diagram, it is always a good idea to consult with a qualified technician.
Here is a more detailed explanation of some of the most common symbols used in automotive wiring diagrams:
- Batteries are represented by a circle with two terminals. The positive terminal is usually marked with a plus sign (+), and the negative terminal is marked with a minus sign (-).
- Alternators are represented by a three-pointed star. The output terminal is marked with a "V" for voltage, and the input terminals are marked with "B" for battery and "F" for field.
- Starters are represented by a square with two terminals. The large terminal is marked with "S" for starter, and the small terminal is marked with "M" for motor.
- Ignition coils are represented by a circle with two terminals. The primary terminal is marked with "P" for primary, and the secondary terminal is marked with "S" for secondary.
- Light bulbs are represented by a circle with a filament inside. The positive terminal is marked with a plus sign (+), and the negative terminal is marked with a minus sign (-).
- Fuses are represented by a small rectangle with two terminals. The fuse rating is usually printed on the fuse itself.
- Relays are represented by a small rectangle with three terminals. The coil terminal is marked with "C" for coil, the normally open contact is marked with "NO" for normally open, and the normally closed contact is marked with "NC" for normally closed.
- Switches are represented by a small rectangle with two or more terminals. The terminals are typically marked with the function of the switch, such as "ON" and "OFF".
By understanding the symbols used in automotive wiring diagrams, you can quickly and easily troubleshoot electrical problems and make repairs.
Common Automotive Diagram Symbols
How To Read Car Wiring Diagrams Short Beginners Version Rustyautos Com
Car Schematic Electrical Symbols Defined And Explained
Toyota Wiring Diagram Symbols Autoshop 101
Basics Of Automotive Electrical Circuits
How To Test Electrical Circuits A Car Works
How To Read Car Wiring Diagrams For Beginners Emanualonline Blog
Wiring Diagram Symbols Latest Version For Android Download Apk
Electrical Symbols Images Browse 1 052 462 Stock Photos Vectors And Video Adobe
How To Read The Factory Wiring Diagrams Pelican Parts Forums